Friday, January 10, 2014

Invitation



            Hey. You. Yeah, you reading this post. I want you to be part of something. An experiment. I believe What’s Up, Soc? has great potential. I have a lot more good ideas to come, and I hope that you will be there to take part in them. But I need your help…

            If you’re at school, you’ll probably see me outside 2-3 days a week holding a dry-erase board with a question on it. I’m hoping to engage you in conversation about the question, but only if you are willing. For the last couple of days, I’ve walked around with messages. Two days ago it was “Will Philosophize for Food,” which brought on some interesting dialogue as well as a student who approached me to kindly offer a brand new Mountain Dew Code Red.  I politely declined.




            If you’re reading the blurbs online, I will try to base them on the actual conversations had with you at school. On the days I don’t get outside, you will receive the question/topic du jour—and you never know what’s tumbling around in my head from one day to the next. Trust me, it only makes for more fun.

            And for those of you who just happen to stop by and read these and enjoy them, please feel free to make yourselves part of the palaver. The more philosophers we can get on here and discussing important things (ah, Heidegger), the more enriching and rewarding this experiment/experience can be.

Please feel free to comment, share with others, and help spread the word!

P.S. – I just noticed that the second through second through fifth posts say “Q+A Is Happy Life.” Totally unplanned, but true nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment